Ads Top

Boss won’t “allow” me to leave in exactly two weeks?


In January of 2018, I was hired as an office assistant at a small tech company. Per my contract, I was guaranteed a 30, 60, and 90 day pay raise with a dollar amount each time. It never said that it was from a job performance review. I was still a little ignorant on these things and at first I assumed it came from job performance reviews.I never got a single pay raise until August of 2018. My first real job review occurred in June where I was “denied” a pay raise due to “tardiness.” This was complete crap due to the fact that I was always the first one in the office every single day and they knew that, but I had no way to prove it because we don’t have a clock in or clock out system.So finally I’ve been looking for other places and I turned in my two weeks notice on Monday of this week. My boss seemed very disappointed and kept offering me to give another dollar pay raise. I respectfully declined and told him I was pursuing other opportunities (a salaried job this time, but I didn’t mention that.)I guess I made the mistake of offering a little bit of flexibility saying that I could, maximum, stay 2 1/2 weeks in order to help him find the right replacement. He immediately jumped with saying that per my contract, I was obligated to stay until he thought we had “trained” the right replacement and said it would be right to stay at least another month.Is this even right? I know this all sounds ridiculous. But I’m also afraid that guy will somehow not give me my check if I don’t stay until he says go dog, go. I know for a fact he hasn’t even tried to start finding a new assistant. I offered to help with the job postings and he flat out also said no. Nowhere in my contract does it mention that. I need also mention we have no formal employee handbook. Or HR. My boss does payroll himself.So I am guessing I have no obligation to stay after my 2 1/2 weeks if I never signed such a statement in my small contract to begin with? I know I may sound stupid but I am quite a meek person and I don’t know how exactly to approach this when the time is up. via /r/legaladvice https://ift.tt/2zM2iMa
Boss won’t “allow” me to leave in exactly two weeks? Boss won’t “allow” me to leave in exactly two weeks? Reviewed by M. Amaar Tahir on 12:44 AM Rating: 5

No comments

Add Your Gadget Here