Ads Top

Last Night, I watched Sunset Boulevard from 1950 for the 6th or 7th time......or more.


And OMG, it only gets better with age. I'm an old guy, saw it first in about 1966 and my mother, who loved movies took me to a downtown movie house, about a 14 mile drive. The next time I saw it was probably 10-12 years later, I was married and rentals VHS tapes were available.3 great actors are this who are Gloria Swanson, William Holden and Erich von Stroheim along with others actors who have smallish roles but are still terrific. The part that Gloria Swanson played was sort of based on her life as a movie star in the 20's and 30's or earlier and she becomes quite a character to all the other players. Each of these stars kind of played themselves and they are just terrific.In the mid 90's I moved to Las Vegas for work, and usually on a Friday or Saturday night (couple of times a month) the managers would show movies on big portable screen on DVD. The next schedule said that they were going to have Sunset Boulevard and I was virtually 1 or 3-4 people who watched. There was a ton of popcorn left.I listen to a podcast called Dearly Departed by a historian named Scott Michaels who loves Hollywood history (and this movie) and he said he and his co-worker Mike Dorsey had recorded a podcast about Sunset Blvd. I finished listening to it today and there was so much I'd never heard about it.Last night I wondered if I could rent one and it turns out that Amazon Prime has it now so what did I do last? It gets better with age.I have an adult daughter and I asked her last night if she'd seen this movie. She told me "Nope, but you've talked about it so many times, I feel like I have" and so we have a date sometime to see it.If you've 2 hours to watch this, please do. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2TXRFjb
Last Night, I watched Sunset Boulevard from 1950 for the 6th or 7th time......or more. Last Night, I watched Sunset Boulevard from 1950 for the 6th or 7th time......or more. Reviewed by M. Amaar Tahir on 6:05 PM Rating: 5

No comments

Add Your Gadget Here